power [delicious] cookies.
I made these last night for D and I. A perfect treat for the Super Bowl and soooo easy to make!
These make a perfect treat anytime. They also make a perfect breakfast, a perfect snack, and perfect post workout fuel food.
We often refer to them as healthy cookies, because, all of the ingredients are natural, unprocessed, high in protein and good for you!
Who in life can even resist dark chocolate?! [yumm-o desert!]
Here is what you will need…
- 4 cups of natural ground almonds [I will typically buy in bulk and grind in the blender]
- 1 cup of Quinoa flakes [I often replace this with ground flax because it is easier to find!]
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup of organic honey [or agave nectar, or maple syrup]
- ¼ butter [I use earth balance, vegan butter…you could also use natural peanut butter]
- 2 egg-whites
- 1 cup of dried cranberries [or raisins, or dried cherries, or prunes, you choose!]
- ¾ cup of dark chocolate chips
Heat your oven to 375 degrees, and lightly grease two baking sheets.
Mix all of the ingredients into one big bowl. Make Tim-bit size balls [or slightly larger] by rolling a handful of the ingredients between your two hands. Place on the tray and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for [at least] 15 minutes. These balls of deliciousness will fall apart if you aren’t patient!
This recipe makes 25-26 generous sized cookies. If that’s too many, try half the recipe! Or make them all and save some in your freezer [they will last up to 3 months frozen!]
Let me know what you think! Enjoy!!